Martine Harte is a passionate Melburnian and Gold Quill award-winning news journalist who has been featured on Australia’s Network Ten, CNN, BBC, ABC, Sky News, ABC radio and 3AW.
She founded Engaging Women to elevate the voices of women and propel a more diverse world when there was little like it in the space.
She has facilitated panels and hosted events at the National Press Club in Canberra, helped launch Respect Victoria in 2019, judged the Telstra Business Woman of the Year awards and has worked with the City of Melbourne at Melbourne’s Town Hall.
Believing women and men can work collaboratively to turn the dial to a more gender equal world.
The luncheon was a tremendous success. Your professionalism was outstanding and your contribution to the panel discussion kept guests both engaged and entertained throughout the event. We are confident that everyone left the event feeling inspired.
Craig Eloranta. City of Melbourne.
Thank you so much for the outstanding job you did at Lunch to Liberate. You were engaging, warm, smart, articulate and always in control.
We truly couldn’t have asked for a more perfect MC for the day and we felt very lucky to have you!
Jo Pride, CEO Hagar Australia
Thank you for your contribution to the Women @ Work Conference. The conference was a wonderful success. It also led to 25 organisations undertaking the Victorian Government Gender Equality Pledge.”
Hon Natalie Hutchins, former Victorian Minister for Women.
Sarah-Jane Tilbury, General Manager at SEA LIFE Melbourne
We have received only positive feedback from attendees and that is in part due to your work in the lead up to and during the event as MC.
Patty Kinnersley Chief Executive Officer, Our Watch
- Alfred Health Care Services, March 2020.
- Victorian Government ‘Women@Work Conference.’
- WorkSafe Victoria’s ‘Women at Work’ series.
- Launch of Respect Victoria, MC services 2019.
- City of Melbourne’s 2017 ‘Women in Business’ lunch at Melbourne Town Hall.
- Bayside Women’s ‘Press for Progress’ event.
- ACS ‘Striving for gender parity’ breakfast at ACMI.
- Victoria Police International Women’s Day 2019 Keynote speaker
- Merlin Entertainments plc. – International Women’s Day Keynote speaker
- Emerson Automation Solutions – International Women’s Day Keynote speaker
- Raise Foundation High Tea Windsor Hotel
- Safe Steps event RACV Club Melbourne
- SEALIFE fundraising Gala for Our Watch
- Hagar Foundation ‘Lunch to Liberate’ event
- Keynote speaker Jewish Care Montefiore Lunch
Martine supports charities including Our Watch, Safe Steps, Hagar and Interplast.
A mum-of-three, she received a Logie award nomination for journalism and judged the 2017 Telstra Business Woman of the Year awards.
Watch her Gold Quill acceptance speech at TC 4.20 here.
The National Library of Australia selected the Engaging Women website to add to its digital collections citing its cultural value.
We don’t collect every Australian website but select with an eye for content… The Library aspires to enable Australians to understand their diverse social, cultural and intellectual histories by collecting and preserving Australian publications and unpublished collections—in print and digital forms—so that they can be enjoyed by current and future generations.National Library of Australia.
In June 2018, Martine drove a ‘Press for Progress’ event in collaboration with the Office of Tim Wilson MP in Bayside Melbourne, raising money for family violence prevention organisation Our Watch.
Martine was engaging, weaving her message of equality, empowerment and respect through her personal narrative. Students and staff present were both entertained and educated – a pleasure to hear, perfectly pitched and something that every school community should hear.
Head of senior school – male.
Contact now : firstname.lastname@example.org